About Banff / Canmore
“I had a few reservations about going through with a breast augmentation at first, but after researching Doctors and reading others experiences for months…I knew that Dr. Hall-Findlay was the right choice. From my first call to book my consultation to the day of surgery, I was treated with respect and always had my questions answered thoroughly. I’ll admit that I felt like a breast augmentation guru myself! Dr. Hall-Findlay did the most amazing job, as my hubby and friends tell me that I have the breasts of a perky 17 year old! Since that’s half my age…mission accomplished! If you have any questions or want to see my before and after…feel free to ask. I’m confident that Dr. Hall-Findlay will exceed your expectations. She did for me!“
– From a review posted on RateMDs.com.
Banff is nestled in Banff National Park and is a popular tourist destination for good reason – it is beautiful here. And there is plenty to do! While our patients choose Banff Plastic Surgery because of our reputation, being in Banff has its benefits.
Below you’ll find information regarding places to see and stay, and travel to our office.
Places to See and Stay in Banff / Canmore
Most of our patients come to see their surgeon, however others also plan to spend time exploring Banff and the surrounding area, and typically plan a vacation around their consultation or a post-operative appointment.
Our patients receive a discount at the Bow View Lodge, which is located just blocks from our practice and Mineral Springs Hospital. We do not endorse a specific hotel, but our patients tell us they enjoy the convenience and affordability of the Bow View Lodge when staying in Banff for an operation. For a more upscale experience with similar convenience to our office, our patients have suggested their sister hotel, the Banff Park Lodge, which also offers a discount.
Through the Banff Lodging Company we can offer our patients discounts at various area resorts and hotels. Use promo code BANFFPS to receive a discount.
If you prefer to stay in Canmore (24 kms east of Banff, outside of the park gates), it is a quieter town that offers many amenities and may have less expensive accommodations. You may contact the Falcon Crest Lodge at http://www.falconcrestlodge.ca , where all rooms feature a kitchenette and fireplace. When you book online with this property, click on “Enter your access or promotional code”, choose “Promo/Corporate Code”, and then enter BPS for the best available rate, or just quote this code if you call the hotel directly.
Bringing your children? MyHotelSitter.com provides baby-sitting in your hotel. Many of our patients have used the service while they attended appointments.
If you are interested in exploring Banff National Park or using park amenities, you will need to purchase a park pass. For more information: Banff National Park.
Banff Plastic Surgery is located in downtown Banff, conveniently close to Mineral Springs Hospital. Our office is on the third floor of the Cascade Plaza on the northwest corner of Banff Avenue and Wolf Street. Use the elevators to reach on the third floor – the escalators only move between the first and second floors.
You will be assigned a private parking space in the parkade that is connected to the building, and the entrance is accessible from Marten Street. Level 5A is the same level as the third floor of Cascade Shops. The Parkade will accommodate vehicles up to 6 feet high only. There are other non-paid parking options in the Town of Banff; view your options by going to banffparking.ca. As consultation appointments typically last 2+ hours, please ensure that you park somewhere that allows 3 hours or more.
We feel lucky to live in Banff and happily share its beauty with tourists. In the summer it is particularly busy and parking can be tough to find. Hotel rates are also more expensive during peak tourist seasons.
Traveling to Banff and entering the National Park
Traveling to Banff can be a pleasant scenic drive or a flight into Calgary and shuttle ride west.
When driving west to Banff, use one of the two right lanes at the National Park gates to enter the park without stopping or paying the park fee. You do not have to pay the fee if you are coming for an appointment with our office or a medical appointment generally.
If you fly into Calgary, there are a variety of shuttle services from the airport to Banff. We do not endorse a particular shuttle service. The links provided are for convenience, not recommendation.
- I cannot say enough good about my experience. ALL staff (from front reception to recovery room nurse) were extremely friendly and professional. They helped to make my experience a great one, and it is greatly appreciated! This friendliness and professionalism started from the my first appointment right through to my follow up appointments. I have never had a bad/negative experience during the entire process. Thank you so much!!Post-Op Patient Feedback02/09/15
- Everyone at the clinic were courteous, friendly, and very helpful from my first phone call to the clinic until I left after my procedure...highly recommendedPost-Op Patient Feedback08/09/15
- Choosing Dr. Hall-Findlay as my plastic surgeon was an easy decision for me. As soon as I met her, I knew! From her holding my hand in the OR, to her and her staff being so readily available following the surgery - I couldn't have asked for a more compassionate surgeon and professional team. I had abdominoplasty, hernia repair, mastopexy (plus augmentation) performed and I would 100% do it again. Recovery of the abdominoplasty was not the easiest, but it was not as bad as I expected either. Dr. Hall-Findlay did an amazing job, I am thrilled with my results! -Kelly
- “I just wanted to drop you a short note to thank you for all the organisation you put into what was a super workshop! I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.”
- “Thank you. It's a great class. I am so glad I came.”
- Dear Dr. Hall-Findlay, I wanted to thank you for everything during the Banff Breast & Body Workshop! It is very evident that you not only have a passion for teaching, but that you are very good at it. It’s not an easy tap to make complex topics that are comfortable to you equally understandable to others, and you certainly do! You were a fantastic host and this did not go unappreciated. More importantly for me however, was the opportunity to meed and get to know you as a person. In a field where we are often surrounded by people who can be arrogant or unapproachable, you are the exact opposite. I admire you and value your humility and down-to-earth nature, despite being an international figure. Thank you for helping us have someone to look up to. Sincerely, Umbar Mahmood